Halibut with Gremolata
2-5-6oz Halibut Filets
2 Tbsp. Salt, plus more as needed
1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove
2 Thyme Sprigs
½ Lemon, zest reserved and then sliced
1 Tbsp. Shallot, minced
1 Tbsp. Parsley, minced
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, as needed
1. Set sous vide circulator to 135°F to preheat the water.
2. On a tray, coat both filets of halibut with 2 Tbsp. of salt and 1 Tbsp. of sugar on all sides. Let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Rinse fish of all salt and sugar. Pat dry.
4. Lightly season fish with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Place into a sealable bag with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, garlic, thyme and slices of lemon.
5. Place bag into preheated water, clip to side of pot and let cook, fully submerged for 25 minutes for 1-inch filets (1 hour for 1.5-inch to 2-inch filets).
6. Combine the shallots, parsley, remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and lemon zest in a small bowl and mix until evenly incorporated. Season with 1/8 Tsp. of salt and as needed with pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
7. Remove fish, discarding remaining contents in bag. Serve with the gremolata.
More Recipes & Storage Suggestions
Steamed Broccoli with Pesto Broth, Walnuts and Pecorino Romano
Coq au Vin “GZ”
Brown Rice Crab Cakes
Roasted Mushroom and Bread Soup
Briased Green Beans with Tomatoes